Keywords : Spectral Domain Optical Coherence Tomography
CORRELATION OF OCT DRIL CHANGES WITH VISUAL ACUITY IN CENTRE INVOLVING DIABETIC MACULAR OEDEMA PATIENTS
European Journal of Molecular & Clinical Medicine,
2022, Volume 9, Issue 8, Pages 2639-2648
Aim: The aim of the present study was to determine whether disorganization of the retinal inner layers (DRIL), observed using Spectral Domain Optical Coherence Tomography (SD-OCT), is predictive of Visual Acuity in eyes with centre involving Diabetic Macular Oedema (DME).
Methods: The Cross-Sectional Observation Study was conducted at Dr. D. Y. Patil Medical college, Pune from June 2020 to May 2022 and 100 eyes of 80 patients were included in the study.
Results: Out of the 100 participants involved in our study, majority of the study participants were males (67.5%). Remaining 32.5% of the patients were female. 100 eyes affected with DRIL (80 patients) were selected for the study. Of the 80 study participants, 60 patients (75%) had unilateral involvement of eye. The remaining 20 participants (25%) showed presence of DRIL in both the eyes. Type II Diabetes was the most common diabetes (72.5%) associated with changes of disorganization of retinal inner layers (DRIL). There was not much difference between the laterality of the involved eye with DRIL changes. As per the ETDRS classification of diabetic retinopathy class, majority of the patients with DRIL had moderate Non-Proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy (moderate NPDR) (36%), while 24% reported PDR.