To assess the outcomes of smoking cessation in post-ischemic heart diseases
European Journal of Molecular & Clinical Medicine,
2021, Volume 8, Issue 4, Pages 3154-3156
AbstractBackground: To assess the outcomes of smoking cessation in post-ischemic heart diseases.
Materials & methods: 60 smokers at the time of the first episode of ischemic heart diseases were enrolled. All the subjects belong to the age group of 40 to 60 years. Complete details of all the patients were obtained. A clinical examination of all the patients was carried out. Follow up was done at regular intervals. Risk evaluation was done at all intervals. A correlation between these was done with smoking cessation habits. All the results were recorded and analyzed.
Results: Out of 60 patients, 41.67% of the patients quit smoking while the remaining 58.33% of the patients continued smoking. Out of 25 patients with smoking cessation, mortality occurred in 3 patients. Out of 35 patients who continued smoking, mortality occurred in 15 patients. The survival rate was higher in smoking cessation cases.
Conclusion: Smoking cessation helps to improve outcomes among patients with post-ischemic heart diseases.
- Article View: 48
- PDF Download: 23