Fetomaternal Outcome in Previous Caesaraen Pregnancy in A Rural Based Tertiary Care Hospital
European Journal of Molecular & Clinical Medicine,
2022, Volume 9, Issue 6, Pages 934-941
AbstractBackground: A rise in the proportion of pregnant women who have had past caesarean deliveries is a result of rising primary caesarean section rates. Obstetricians are becoming more and more concerned with managing these high-risk situations as effectively as possible. The goal of the current study was to assess the obstetric and foetal outcomes of patients who presented at term and had a history of one prior LSCS.
Methods: The current study was conducted on 541 post-caesarean moms who had been admitted to the Department of obstetrics and gynaecology of Jagannath Gupta Institute of Medical Sciences and Hospital, Kolkata, West Bengal for two years.
Results: In these 541 patients, the average incidence of VBAC was 17.74 percent. The incidence of VBAC was 61.93 percent (96 cases) of the 155 cases chosen for TOL, while the remaining 38.07 percent (59 cases) required repeat section. The 219 individuals who had undergone a previous section for a recurring indication had an incidence of vaginal birth of 8.22 percent (18 patients) (CPD).
Conclusion: As the percentage of women who have had prior caesarean sections rises, it is crucial to provide these women with counselling when they try vaginal birth in hospitals with the necessary equipment. In order to prevent difficulties in subsequent pregnancies, it is worthwhile to limit primary caesarean sections. Recurrent caesarean sections should only be performed when absolutely necessary to prevent foetal and mother morbidity and mortality.
- Article View: 68
- PDF Download: 60