To Investigate The Platelet Count In Pregnant Women
European Journal of Molecular & Clinical Medicine,
2023, Volume 10, Issue 1, Pages 5048-5052
AbstractAim: The purpose of
this research was to investigate the platelet count in pregnant women. Methods: This cross-sectional study was carried out in the Department of Pathology. Total 100 patients were divided in two groups as Cases and Control. Cases study group includes 50 females with the thrombocytopenia and Control includes 50 females without thrombocytopenia.
Results: The data from the 100 pregnant females were collected and presented as below. The study population was divided in two groups as Cases and Control. Cases study group includes 50 females with the thrombocytopenia and Control includes 50 females without thrombocytopenia. The Most effective age group in which thrombocytopenia seen was between 20 to 25 years. Out of 100 patients with thrombocytopenia, mild preeclampsia was present in 22 cases (44%) and while the rest 28(56%) had Severe Pre eclampsia with thrombocytopenia. In women with Mild Pre eclampsia Platelet Count ( x 109/L) was 65-277, Severe Pre eclampsia Platelet Count (x109/L) was 27-249 and women without thrombocytopenia had normal Platelet Count .
Conclusion: We concluded that the clinically platelet indices can be a useful screening test for early identification of preeclampsia and eclampsia. Also platelet indices can assess the prognosis of this disease in pregnant women and can be used as an effective prognostic marker because it correlates with severity of the disease.
- Article View: 7
- PDF Download: 16